Thursday 28 July 2011

Preview of Bruce Timm's new Green Lantern Series


To be honest I was somewhat sceptical when I first saw the footage for the new GL series, thinking that it looked like those Batman games for the Nintendo 64 and Playstation 2.

But in time it seems to have grown on me. Admittedly, it doesn't seem to be as fluid as Bruce Timm's 2D stuff, but it has a kind of semi-Incredibles feel to the animation albeit on seemingly a lower budget.

Will await this series with interest.

If you are interested in Bruce Timm and Co's previous outtings with Hal Jordan, you could click on the Amazon links below. Personally, I recommend Crisis on Two Earths first, even though it doesn't feature Hal prominently. It has a stellar cast, including James Woods as the main villain, Owlman, and contains enough cameoes to keep the average DC fan happy.

Then I'd recommend First Flight, as it makes Hal a lot more interesting than the current comicbook incarnation, as well as redesigning the costumes in numerous neat ways. Also, it has Michael Madsen as Kilowog!

The newest one, Emerald Knights, I haven't had the opportunity to see yet, unfortunately, but when I do I'll be sure to review it.


No comments:

Post a Comment